Monday, February 18th, 2019
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Bob Hunter Memorial Park
7277 14th Avenue map
Come chill with us this coming Family Day at WinterRouge! Bundle up for a full day of FREE, family-friendly winter activities at Rouge National Urban Park. Through WinterRouge we will also be supporting the Great Backyard Bird Count, so dust off those binoculars if you have them or borrow a pair from us! Stay tuned for more details to come.
- Dust off your binoculars (or borrow a pair from us) and join one of our expert guides on a winter birding outing in support of the Great Backyard Bird Count! Guided birding outings are all an hour in length and will leave from the event site every half hour: 11:30 am, 12:00 pm, 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm
- Build your own pinecone bird feeder and continue to hone your birding skills in your own backyard
- Improve your slap shot with a series of inflatable hockey interactives
- Strap on a pair of snowshoes and go for a jaunt! *weather permitting
- Join our Learn-to Camp team with s’more fun near the campfire
- Step back in time and sample some authentic 18th century heritage hot chocolate from our friends at MARS
- Enjoy a live ice carving demonstration courtesy of the talented IceGuys from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Snap a selfie with our colossal strawbale snowmen (these guys can take the heat!)
- Satisfy your sweet tooth and learn all about maple syrup with the TRCA
- Meet Parka as she joins the winter festivities!
- Special Family Day guided walks! Click here for more information.
NOTE: There is limited free parking available on-site, so please carpool if possible. Additional parking will be available at the nearby Rouge Valley Mennonite Church (7452 Reesor Rd, Markham, ON) with trail access to the event venue. Please check our website for updates on any changes to trail conditions or event programming due to weather.
Click here to view more great events held this week in Markham.