Steeped in Tea: The Story of Tea
Thursday, March 21, 2019
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Mosaic Home Care Services and Community Resource Centre
The Shops on Steeles & 404, 2900 Steeles Avenue East map
Back by popular demand -Lianne Harris will provide a historical and educational presentation to Mosaic.
From the courts of kings to the taverns of rebels, from an ancient secret to one of the world’s most demanded commodities... soak up the history of tea.
- The whole occasion of when, how, and what to eat while at tea (British): Tea, Cream Tea, Afternoon Tea, High Tea, Elevensies...etc...
- Tea ceremonies and customs (around the world)
- Tea etiquette
- Types of tea
- How tea plants grow
- Where does tea originate and how was it discovered?
- Who stole the idea of tea and how was tea smuggled? Tea tax and tea piracy
- Tea rivalry between China & India & England
- Tea slavery
- The Great Tea Races
- The industries created from tea: tea rooms, tea gardens, Royal Doulton, etc
- Tea superstitions
- Tea party clothing
Please RSVP. Limited spaces available.
No charge for program, free parking, close to TTC bus stop Steeles & Don Mills
Please RSVP by Monday March 8, 2019 if you are interested in attending to Mosaic at 905-597-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view more great events held this week in Markham.