Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides
Sunday, May 28, 2017
12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Grace Anglican Church [Parking Lot]
19 Parkway Avenue
Markham residents and their four-legged “best friends” will walk together for the Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides on Sunday, May 28th at Shubie Park.
The largest fundraising endeavor of its kind, the Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides helps to raise, train and place service dogs with Canadians who have a medical or physical disability. While each Dog Guide costs an average of $25,000, they are provided free of charge to qualifying applicants. Lions Foundation of Canada receives no government funding and relies solely on donations from individuals, corporations, and fundraising activities.
Thanks to the generous support of our national sponsors, Pet Valu, VIA Rail, and Cadillac Fairview, 100% of the funds raised by each walker will go directly towards our six Dog Guide programs:
• Canine Vision Dog Guides, for people who are blind or visually impaired
• Hearing Ear Dog Guides, for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
• Service Dog Guides, for people with a physical disability
• Seizure Response Dog Guides, for people who have epilepsy
• Autism Assistance Dog Guides, for children (aged 3-12) on the autism spectrum
• Diabetic Alert Dog Guides, for people who have type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness